Komatsu is a partner in encouraging the Suzano Paraolympic Project.
The Suzano Paraolympic Project appeared in 2005, an offspring of actions put into effect by the Sports, Leisure and Recreations Secretary of Suzano, the Social Service of the Industry – SESI and the University of Mogi das Cruzes.
This project aims at stimulating people with special needs to develop skills demanding dedication and overcoming.
Ever since, this project has been growing and gaining space and today it stands out due to its participants partaking in various championships where they have obtained gold and silver medals.
Komatsu, valuing social initiatives that aim at benefitting communities, became a partner in this important project, due to its belief that actions such as this one deserve full support.
Main sport activities developed at SESI (Social Service of the Industry) :
- Sitting Paraolympic Volleyball
- Football with Seven – this game is played by teams of seven athletes with brain paralysis (BP)
According to Ronaldo Oliveira, Adviser for Leisure and Sports at SESI, the project reaches 270 individuals in the community, including 70 athletes who compete in Regional, State and World Championships.
- Women’s Paraolympic Volleyball: 8 athletes summoned for the Brazilian National Team being prepared for the Pre-world Championship to be held in the USA in February 2010.
- Junior Men’s Paraolympic Volleyball: 4 athletes summoned for the World Championship.
- Adult Men’s Paraolympic Volleyball: 4 athletes in the USA World Championship
- Bocce: 2 athletes will compete in the America Cup in Canada.
Komatsu do Brasil Ltda congratulates all those involved with the Project, as well as the athletes, for their dedication.
Collaboration: Ronaldo de Oliveira Gonçalves – Adviser for Leisure and Sports at SESI – Social Service of the Industry – Suzano SP.